At Leeming SHS Visual Arts engages students through practical projects and activities that boost critical thinking habits, improve collaborative participation, grow creativity and develop communication skills through writing and talking about art.
Students are presented both traditional and contemporary art making techniques that promote an exploration of various materials and processes within a wide range of art forms. These include foundations in drawing (still life, portraits, cartooning, landscapes, figures, rendering, one-point and two-point perspective), colour theory, classical and modern art movements, painting, ceramics and printmaking. Visual Art students are encouraged to appreciate the work of other artists while engaging in their own art practices.
Visual Art students are required to:
- Generate and conceptualize artistic ideas and work.
- Organize and develop artistic ideas and work.
- Refine and complete artistic work.
- Analyse, interpret, and select artistic work for presentation.
- Develop and refine artistic work for presentation.
- Convey meaning through the presentation of artistic work.
- Perceive and analyse artistic work.
- Interpret intent and meaning in artistic work.
- Apply criteria to evaluate artistic work.
- Synthesize and relate knowledge and personal experiences to make art.
- Relate artistic ideas and works with societal, cultural and historical context to deepen understanding.