LEEMING SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
What does the School Board do?
The School Board is involved in establishing, and reviewing from time to time, the school’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions.
The elected members are directly involved in assisting the School and the Principal in:
- The planning of financial arrangements necessary to fund the school’s objectives, priorities and directions; and assist in evaluating the school’s performance in achieving them.
- Formulating codes of conduct for students at the school.
- Determining, in consultation with students, their parents and staff of the school, the student’s dress code.
- Promoting the school in the community.
The School Board approves:
- Charges and Contributions for the provision of certain materials, services and facilities under Section 99 (4) of the School Education Act.
- Extra cost optional components of educational programs, under Section 100 (3) of the School Education Act.
- Items of personal use in educational programs, under Section 108 (2) of the School Education Act.
- Any agreements or arrangements for advertising or sponsorship in relation to the school under Section 216 (5) of the School Education Act.
The School Board also provides advice to the Principal on:
- General policy concerning the use in school concerning the use in school activities of prayer, songs and material based on religious, spiritual or moral values being used in a school activity as part of religious education.
- The implementation of special Religious Education under Section 69 (2) of the School Education Act 1999.
The School Board cannot and does not:
- Intervene in the control and management of the school.
- Intervene in the educational instruction of students.
- Exercise authority over teaching staff or other person employed at the school.
- Intervene in the management of operation of a school fund.
Assisting the School and the Principal
Financial Planning & Objectives - Conduct & Dress Codes - School Promotion
Approves Charges & Contributions - Extra Cost in educational programs - Personal Equipment usage - Advertising agreements or arrangements.
Advice to Principal
Provides advice on religious, spiritual or moral values being used in a school activity.
The School Board Does Not:
Intervene in the control or management of the school - Intervene in the educational instruction of students - Exercise authority over teaching staff or other persons employed at the school - Intervene in the management or operation of a school fund.
The School Board is representative of parents, staff, community and students.
Chairperson – Claire Purcell
Principal – Brendon Wallwork
Angels Gilabert Jaumot
Nicole Van Blommestein
Dr. Michelle Stripe
Mark Blakemore (P&C President)